CBD oil that comes from the Cannabis sativa plant and its seeds are highly sought-after because of their wide array of uses. This is another reason for the increase in the number of places where you can purchase sativa CBD seeds, which can be used to make high-quality CBD oil or grown into cannabis plant strains that are high in CBD content.
While you may already have a basic knowledge of Sativa and cannabis plants, there probably still aren’t a lot of things you know about CBD seeds and plants. It has a lot of uses and can be infused in a lot of different kinds of edible and inhalable products to the point that popular Canadian-American actor and comedian Tommy Chong has his own line of CBD products.
Here are 10 Things You Should Know About Sativa CBD Seeds
1. CBD is short for cannabidiol
Cannabidiol is one of the main naturally occurring chemical compounds found in Cannabis sativa plants and their varieties. Contrary to THC, one of the other main chemical compounds found in cannabis, CBD has a mellow approach that is quite the opposite of the effects that its counterpart tends to induce.
2. CBD on its own doesn’t get you high
At the point when you consider sativa or cannabis, you will doubtlessly connect those words with the sentiment of being “high” or “buzzed”. However, CBD is nothing similar to that. CBD doesn’t initiate or isn’t known to actuate the sentiment of being high. Rather, that notoriety has a place with THC, which is the synthetic exacerbate that is answerable for getting you high.
All alone, CBD does not make you high since it doesn’t bind to our Endocannabinoid receptors that deliver the signal to the mind for that high feeling. Notwithstanding, in the event that you are utilizing or ingesting Marijuana or are utilizing oils that additionally contain a decent measure of THC, the opportunity of you getting high will be there. This is particularly evident if the THC and CBD proportion is on the high levels.
3. Despite how it works well on its own, CBD amplifies the effects of THC
While the usual notion is that CBD is the “good” compound while THC is the “bad” chemical, that is anything but true. CBD can work well on its own if you are using a concentrated CBD oil but it also works in conjunction with THC. In other words, a lot of the effects of both CBD and THC works better if you are using cannabis that has a good amount of both compounds.
For example, CBD is known to amplify the pain-relieving effects that THC is known for. In addition to that, CBD also combats the psychoactive effects of THC to deliver a high that is less likely to induce anxiety and panic attacks.
4. When it comes for hemp plants or seeds, CBD oil is completely legal
There are a lot of countries and states that allow hemp cultivation and use. This is because hemp contains only trace amounts of THC and will not make you feel high. In that regard, hemp is rich in CBD and very low in THC. On the other hand, not all states and countries allow cannabis cultivation and use.
Therefore, organizations and producers infer CBD oil from hemp plants and seeds. This permits them to totally extricate CBD without agonizing over the conceivable lawful issue they may confront had they removed it from cannabis plants that contain high measures of THC.
5. Whether or not CBD oil is legal still depends on where it comes from
While CBD oil is safe and will not make you high because of how it does not contain THC, the question of whether it is legal or not depends on how it was made. As mentioned, if it came from hemp seeds or plants, then it is perfectly legal in most countries and states. However, if it came from other Cannabis sativa plants or seeds that are illegal, then such a CBD oil is illegal.
6. CBD has a wide range of health and medical benefits
The reason why CBD is widely used in the medical field is that it has a lot of health benefits and medicinal uses such as:
- It is a great treatment for multiple sclerosis.
- As mentioned, CBD counteracts the psychoactive properties of THC to make cannabis less likely to cause panic attacks or induce feelings of anxiety.
- CBD works well to relieve pain. And, when it works in conjunction with THC, it amplifies the latter’s pain-relieving qualities.
- Tests have shown that CBD can fight off tumors. This is one of the reasons why it is also used to treat cancer patients.
- It can reduce seizures.
- Studies have shown that it actually helps reduce substance abuse as THC tends to be addictive.
7. CBD can be used by children
CBD is actually safe for all ages because it is organic and natural. However, CBD should only be used by children in its oil form or by ingesting edible hemp seeds. In fact, CBD oil is often used as a treatment for children suffering from seizures. In any other case, you should never let children smoke marijuana because there are a lot of side-effects that might turn out to be harmful to them.
8. CBD products are easy to acquire as long as they do not come from cannabis
You don’t need a prescription to purchase CBD products. Similarly, these products are easily available for you to purchase in online stores and local retailers. The reason is that CBD products, so long as they come from hemp, are legal.
9. It is still safe to use sativa CBD seeds
While cannabis sativa CBD seeds might not be legal in a lot of countries and states, there is still reason to believe that these seeds are still safe to use them because they are rich in nutrients and health benefits.
10. There are plenty of CBD-rich cannabis sativa strains
Some of the more popular cannabis sativa strains that are rich in CBD include the following:
- CBD Mango Haze, which has a CBD to THC ratio that can be as high as 2:1.
- CBD Critical Cure, which is 11% CBD and only 5% THC.
- Harlequin, which has a 5:2 CBD to THC ratio and does not induce a stoney kind of state.
- ACDC, which has a whopping 20:1 CBD to THC ratio and has little to no intoxicating effects caused by THC.
- Cannatonic, which has a CBD level that can reach 17% and is known to fight off anxiety.
If you are in the market to buy sativa CBD seeds, you probably know more about them after reading this article. That said, there probably won’t be any reason for you to worry about CBD and its effects on your body.
Also, there are plenty of CBD-rich Cannabis sativa strains for you to choose from in many online stores and local dealers. It might be better for you to first do your research first or even try some of those seeds yourself. It all depends on preference, after all.